Friday, February 29, 2008

It Was The Best Party EVER!

I just returned from not sunny San Jose after a visit with my brother and his family. I was lucky to have visited during the time Bill & Chrissy have their annual Crabacular Tequila MockingCrab bash. And bash it was! Right now at this very moment it is my favorite party of all time!

There's been other memorable bashes, tho. Let's think.....some of my very favorites:

My 50th surprise party. I have always told my husband in no uncertain terms to NEVER EVER have any kind of surprise party for me (and he never had until the damn half century mark) as I would first kill him then divorce him then banish him to Never Never Land. I had a most excellent, wonderful, awesome, fabulous, lovely, giggly, best surprise birthday evening EVER!

My 12th birthday party. I knew about the party, but I didn't know that mom had called all my friends (all girls that year, boys were still relegated to gross) and asked them to dress up as she was throwing me a formal dinner party. Mom insisted I put on the new dress she had gotten me before the guests arrived. (It was possible for me to walk from the door to my bedroom and not notice anything because our dining room was off to the side and you couldn't see it unless you intentionally went to it.) After we were all gathered, mom led us into the dining room. Dead silence. It was GORGEOUS! The table couldn't have been set any more elegantly at a formal state dinner. I have no clue what we ate, but I do remember that at each plate there was a small party favor containing little round green candies - they sorta looked like green peas. "Fer cryin' out loud, Ann! Why o why would your remember that??", you might ask. Because the shell of it was very thin and the center was liquid and my 12 year old self found this to be amazing. My princess party. I felt so elegant!

New Year's Eve 1999. (Remember all the doom and gloom talk about how the world would basically stop at the stroke of midnight?) By default NYE ended up being at our house. It was sort of a word-of-mouth party and we ended up having probably 100 people - our friends, our 3 kiddos and their friends and a few people we'd never met. You know how that goes. It was potluck, both food and spirits, and it was delicious w/plenty of spirits! What no one knew was my hubby GB and our middle and only son (MOS) had struck up a devious deal when at the stroke of midnight MOS would turn off our home's main circuit breaker, effectively plunging our house into complete blackness. They did just that. The house went dark and EVERYONE. JUST. STOPPED. TALKING. You really could have heard a pin drop. There wasn't a sound. Of course, if thoughts could have been read, all that probably would have been heard in the first few seconds would have been along the lines of "HOLY SH#T! IT'S ALL TRUE!".

squacks! xoTSabb

~~~~~

April 20, 2002. Squazz and I eloped. Took our kids and got married on a beach. Just us. Best. Party. Ever.

Squacks and kisses, MPM

~~~


My 40th...@ the golfing center...nothing but fun...well, until the fake baked, tight ass, baby oil'd, stripper humped my mother-in-law...(actually, I did get a little chuckle out of that!)
and a friend who tossed the salad (literally) across the artificial green....Ahhhh, to be 40 again.

Birdies and squacks,
Jules

No comments: